Technologies We Use (including but not limited to):
- Linux, Apache (LAMP stack)
Your Potential Impact
One of our biggest goals is to create a culture and environment where our team members can impact not only our company, but the industry as a whole. Here are some ways you’ll be able to create a lasting impact:
- Ship features you created that hundreds of businesses worldwide will rely on daily to manage tens of thousands of influencers and reach hundreds of thousands of customers
- Drive the improvement of our highly scalable, real-time data platform that currently processes 600,000+ events per month
- Contribute to the company’s growth with your knowledge, skills, and decision-making across multiple areas, taking an active role in the direction of the company alongside our founders
- Work with a highly skilled team of fellow engineers in a collaborative environment, where each teammate (including you) is not only pushing others to be better, but also becoming a better engineer themselves
How To Know You’re A Good Fit
- You really enjoy digging deep into performance and scalability issues, as well as user experience barriers, in order to drive breakthrough solutions. Whether it's slow loading times, an overly cumbersome workflow, database query timeouts, or a backed-up queue that just won’t clear, you recognize that all problems can be solved, and you take the initiative to solve them without being explicitly asked to.
- You realize that your job is not just writing code -- it’s more than that. The code you ship has a mission: to craft a first-class product that over-delivers value to our customers, exceeding their expectations.
- You strive for efficiency and time optimization, accomplished by constantly refining your expertise of our software. You realize that a deep understanding of the product is key, as it will allow you to easily and quickly troubleshoot issues.
- You don’t solely rely on a QA teammate to test and troubleshoot bugs; you are willing to test your own work and identify more practical solutions when necessary.
What You Can Expect
- You will take an active, leading role in our engineering team, working closely with other engineers, and collaborating with our founders and our customer success team to spearhead the growth of the company
- We work with an Agile (Kanban, CI/CD) development environment.
- Your daily duties will be multi-faceted, including ideating/building new features, reviewing/fixing bugs, and testing releases pre-launch.
- Being a startup, we move fast and sometimes break things in order to reach our goals. We practice agile development and we believe adaptability is key in our fast-paced environment. We expect everyone to take full ownership of their roles and the work they put out, while also contributing well to the team.
- We're a small and heavily-collaborative team, backed by laissez-faire investors, in an extremely fast-growing and attractive industry -- in other words, we have a lot of freedom... which means so will you! Buzzbassador is the perfect place for a candidate with serious ambition who loves fun teams and positions with a lot of impact potential.
- We are positioned to scale and we want you to be an integral part of that from the ground-up. We expect you to grow with us.
- At least 5 years professional software development experience. The position's official title is flexible for more experienced applicants.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of web application architecture and computer science principles.
- Experience or a strong interest in B2B/enterprise software, with a specific focus on e-commerce applications. Experience in the Shopify ecosystem is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in working within our technologies (listed above)
- Communicate ideas clearly, and write intelligently.
Our commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity
Buzzbassador is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We value hard work, the ability to work well with others, and people who have a positive attitude.
Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Please let them know!